Posts Tagged ‘life in general’
“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”
― John Stuart Mill
So 2012 was the year my lovely wife & I started brewing. Let’s see exactly how it went.
2012 Brew List:
- Imperial Nut Brown – kit
- Red Ale – kit
- Pumpkin Spice Ale – kit
- Lemony Snicket Wheat – slightly modified internet recipe
- Raspberry Wheat – modified internet recipe
- Denny Conn’s Vanilla Bourbon Porter – internet recipe
- Hard Cider 1 – Purple Turkey Alehouse Original
- Hard Cider 2 – Purple Turkey Alehouse Original
- Simple Saison – slightly modified internet recipe
- Pete’s X1-RIS – Purple Turkey Alehouse Original
- LHBS Pumpkin Spice Beer – LHBS recipe
- Modified Midwest ESB – internet inspired PTA original
- Irish Red 2 – modified internet recipe
Considering all the “real life” things that happened last year, 13 brews (12 brewdays) in 10 months is fairly respectable. But I’m certainly aiming for a higher number this year.
Despite her not wanting me to record & share it, I thought ‘teh intarwebs’ might enjoy this 30s video of Gabriella doing yoga, which is apparently a thing now.